New York family law attorney Elliot Green represents clients in a wide range of family law cases and disputes, including divorce, child custody, child support, and paternity, among many others. His extensive knowledge of the New York family courts and his experience handling these cases allow him to be an effective and aggressive advocate on behalf of his clients. To schedule a free 30-minute consultation, contact our Brooklyn family law office now.
Mr. Green possesses many qualifications that render him an exceptional ally in the pursuit of a positive resolution to your family law case.
- In addition to being a family law attorney in private practice, Elliot Green was a full-time professor at Interboro Institute, teaching family law, litigation, and other classes.
- A former child abuse prosecutor, Mr. Green understands the many complex emotional issues involved in family disputes. Because of his significant experience in this area, he has developed a comprehensive understanding of family violence and the law.
- Mr. Green has handled over 100 trials in family court and has done extensive appellate work in the family law area.
- Mr. Green stays active in the legal community and is committed to positive change in New York’s family code. He is a member of the Family Law Committee of the Queens County Bar Association and is a member of the Brooklyn and Staten Island Bar Associations.
- He has been quoted on family law subjects in the New York Times, having developed a favorable reputation in the local legal community and the press.
An advocate for his clients, Mr. Green takes the time to walk clients through each and every aspect of their cases, explaining each step in detail and avoiding “legalese.” He believes in working together with clients to clarify their goals, focus on the interests of their children, and determine the most positive way to proceed. Our office works to be very accessible to our clients. Attorney Green’s goal is always to return phone calls within three hours, even after hours. We also offer evening and weekend appointment times for our clients’ convenience.
Contact Brooklyn divorce lawyer Elliot Green today to schedule a free 30-minute consultation and learn more about how our firm can help you through your divorce or other family law problem.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Family Law
- 30% Divorce
- 10% Uncontested Divorce
- Same Sex Divorce
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- 10% Appeals
- 98% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 2000
- City University of New York School of Law at Queens College, Flushing, New York
- John Jay College, New York, New York
- B.A. (Cum Laude) – 1996
- Law Professor, Interboro Institute, 2002 – 2006
- Family Law, Interboro Institute, 2002 – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- Richland County Bar Association, Member