Visitation FAQs 2011-01-27T20:29:48+00:00

Visitation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1.  How do I exercise my visitation rights if the custodial parent is denying me access to my child?
You may seek a court order defining your visitation rights.  Violation of this court order may result in the custodial parent being held in contempt of court and subject to six months of incarceration, fine and /or suspension of driving license and professional licenses.

2.  What is supervised visitation?
Supervised visitation means that the non-custodial parent may not spend time alone with the child.  It usually also means that the non-custodial parent may visit the child only at a particular time and in a particular place.

3.  Are visitation rights contingent on the payment of child support?
No. Visitation rights may not be denied to the non-custodial parent, even though the non-custodial parent is not paying child support.


Pin It on Pinterest

Contact Us
close slider

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Phone (required)


Question / Case Info